What Is Hair Mineral Analysis?
HTMA is a safe and non-invasive pathology test. It measures the levels and comparative ratios of nutrient and toxic minerals found in hair.
HTMA is regarded by many doctors, naturopaths and nutritional therapists as one of the most valuable screening tools available in everyday and preventative health care.
Why Test For Minerals?
Minerals are essential for growth, healing, vitality and wellbeing. They provide structural support in bones and teeth, and they maintain the body’s pH and water balance, nerve activity, muscle contractions, energy production and enzyme reactions. They are the basic ‘spark plugs’ of life.
Ideally we should get all the minerals we need from a balanced diet. Unfortunately today this is rarely possible. Modern farming techniques, fertilisers and depleted soils reduce the mineral content of foods. Environmental pollutants, chemical food additives and stressful lifestyles also have a detrimental effect on our nutritional status.
Many health conditions are aggravated by mineral imbalances and toxic metal excesses, including cardiovascular disease, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, migraines, learning difficulties and hyperactivity in children, to name just a few.
Consequently, we need to test and monitor our nutritional status more than ever.
Benefits Of Testing
- Safe, scientific, non-invasive pathology test.
- Reliable data on more than 35 nutrient and toxic minerals, and over 25 important mineral ratios.
- Valuable health information often not revealed in standard blood and urine tests.
- Discovery of nutrient mineral imbalances or toxic mineral excesses that may be affecting your health.
- Personalised patient and doctor interpretive test reports that assess your current mineral status, highlight areas of concern and recommend dietary changes and supplements for improved health and well being.
|Nutritional minerals||Toxic minerals||Additional minerals|
What Is Required For Testing?
Samples should not be obtained from hair that is permed, coloured or chemically treated. Untreated hair provides the most reliable result. Please note around one tablespoon of hair is required, preferably the newest hair growth from the nape of the neck.
What Does The Report Include?
This report includes:
- An easy-to-read, graphic illustration of patient test results for at least 36 essential and toxic minerals, including reference ranges
- 27 significant mineral ratio results
- Individual metabolic type results
- Phone discussion with our naturopath to discuss results
Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis
A detailed, personalised patient’s report: easy-to-read test results for at least 36 essential and toxic minerals, including reference ranges; 27 mineral ratio results; discussion of nutrient and toxic mineral levels and ratios; individual metabolic type results and discussion; and personalised dietary recommendations. Includes phone discussion with our naturopath to discuss results.